Professional Walk In Shower Installers in White Bear Lake
Walk-in Shower Advantages
- Walk-in showers are open looking since they don't need a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other motion issues a walk-in shower can provide much better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a little curb to prevent water from spilling onto the restroom flooring.
Why You Should Not Consider a Walk-In Shower
- A house without any tubs might have a lower resale worth as a complete tub is considered a full restroom versus a three quarter bath.
- Bathing children is generally easier in a tub than in a shower.
- A walk-in shower may deliver less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The lack of a shower door can develop a drafty feel throughout showering.
Walk In Shower Installer in White Bear Lake.
If you are considering installing a Walk-In Shower in your White Bear Lake home, then you can call us at 651-646-1687. Our online scheduling is available 24/7 for you to set up an appointment for one of our specialists to come see your potential Walk-In Shower project. We eagerly anticipate consulting with you on your job. We have been serving Minnesota house owners for over 60 years. We install fine Kohler brand name items and are a recommended supplier for them. For property owners in White Bear Lake, we can also install walk-in tubs.
Setup Process for Walk-In Showers
Here are the basic steps in setting up a walk-in shower:
Demolition and clearance of the old tub and drywall.
New wall framework, if required, to accommodate the shower configuration.
All the mechanical modifications are made to water lines, drains and electrical.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan needs just to be embeded in location and connected to the framework,
The wall surround is affixed.
Setup of fixtures includes attaching nozzle spray heads, a showerhead, faucet manages, and the drain cover.
Setup of glass doors or panels is done last to avoid unexpected fractures or chips from other setup steps.
Ways to Care for Your Walk-in Shower
Wondering what will be needed to make sure your walk-in shower remains tidy and fresh? Here are some standard tips to keep your walk-in shower in top shape.
- Get rid of additional humidity from the shower room prior to you begin the shower.
- Use an open-bottom shower caddy to hold containers of bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Leaving these items on tile shelves or the floor can cause sticky, slimy residue and mildew growth.
- After every shower spray the shower down with a spray-- either handmade or store purchased- to avoid soap scum and deposits.
- After utilizing a daily shower spray, get rid of excess water from tile walls rubber squeegee if wanted. This assists walls dry quicker, a smart idea if you've experienced mildew issues in the shower room.
- When a week you should spray tiles with an all purpose bathroom cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- Tidy glass panels with commercial glass cleaner and soft clean cloths (or absorbent paper towels) after each shower to keep glass shimmering clean.
- If you have tile, seal the grout lines every 6 months to prevent mildew and spots.
Why would you wish to sit in your walk-in shower?
To increase your walk-in shower's usefulness think about adding either an integrated bench or a stool. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries much easier. Being able to sit can serve to help you unwind in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost?
A prefabricated kit can cost from $800 to $2500 depending on the options and materials. As long as you do it right, installing the shower pan and doors yourself can save some money-- but could end up costing a lot more if done wrong. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending on exactly what requires to be done. Extra pipes is needed for directional nozzles. Setting up a visit can assist you get the very best idea of what a new walk-in shower will cost you.