Professional Walk-in Shower Installs in West Coon Rapids
Why You Should Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Compared with standard stalls, a walk-in shower looks roomy because it doesn't need a curtain or door.
- If you require greater gain access to, a walk-in shower can be a big benefit. Walk-in showers have very little curbs to keep water in the shower area.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- Resale worth of your home could be affected if you don't have any tubs in it.
- An open shower gives less privacy than a basic shower stall with a door.
- If there isn't a shower door it can cause it to feel drafty throughout showering.
What Care is Needed for a Walk-in Shower?
So you have a brand-new walk-in shower. The following care and maintenance actions will keep your brand-new shower looking and smelling terrific.
- Extra humidity in the bathroom ought to be removed initially by switching on the exhaust fan.
- Use an open-bottom shower caddy to hold containers of bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Leaving these items on tile shelves or the flooring can result in sticky, slimy residue and mildew development.
- To avoid soap residue and tough water deposits in your walk-in shower you should utilize a day-to-day shower spray-- either home made or you can buy one.
- After the spray, squeegee the tile walls with a rubber squeegee to get the walls to dry quicker and prevent mildew.
- Once a week you need to spray tiles with an all purpose shower room cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- To keep glass looking great use a commercial glass cleaner and either soft fabric or absorbent paper towels.
- To prevent mildew and stains you need to seal your grout lines every 6 months (or more or less depending on what your tile setter tells you).
What Should I Expect When Installing a Walk-In Shower?
Walk-In Shower Installation Overview:
Remove the old tub and destroy drywall as needed.
If necessary, brand-new wall framing to fit new shower.
Mechanical changes are made to enable the showerhead, drain and if needed, an overhead light.
The shower pan is positioned and protected to the framework.
This is the time to place the wall surround.
The mechanical last is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
Setup of glass doors or panels is done last to avoid unexpected cracks or chips from other setup steps.
Benefit for a Walk-in Shower Seat
An integrated or free standing stool can serve to help include utility to your walk-in shower. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries a lot easier. A walk-in shower seat can help you relax.
Walk In Shower Installer in West Coon Rapids.
Call us at 651-646-1687 if you're considering putting in a Walk-In Shower in your West Coon Rapids home. If you wish to schedule a consultation for us to come and give you a price quote for your house you can also go to our useful online form to set it up. We would like to have a chance to consult with you. We have actually been serving Minnesota house owners for over 60 years. Kohler is our recommended brand of bath items. If you would prefer to add a walk-in tub in your West Coon Rapids house we likewise do that.
Walk-In Shower Cost Quotes
A prefabricated set can cost from $800 to $2500 depending on the alternatives and materials. If you set up the shower and doors yourself you can save some money but doing it best with a pro will include another $750 to $2500 depending on exactly what has to be done. Depending on the last size and the products selected, an expertly installed customized shower can run $6,500 to $15,000 or more. Setting up an appointment can help you get the very best idea of what a brand-new walk-in shower will cost you.