Victoria's Recommended Walk in Shower Installers
What Should I Expect When Installing a Walk-In Shower?
Walk-In Shower Installation Overview:
Elimination of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
New wall framework, if required, to accommodate the shower setup.
Mechanical rough-in, which involves setting up new water supply lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or multiple nozzles, in addition to the positioning of the drain. If you're consisting of an overhead shower light, an electrical contractor will wire it during this phase.
The shower pan is installed.
The wall surround is put in.
The last mechanical changes are made by attaching showerheads, faucets and drains.
If there are glass doors or panels they are done last to prevent cracks or breaks.
Why take a seat in your shower?
Built-in or removable seats or stools can add to your walk-in showers usefulness. Seats in walk-in showers keep toiletries at hand, supply a footrest for leg-shaving undertakings, and supply perches within reach of revitalizing sprays. A great trendy seat can also serve as a location to relax in your walk-in shower.
Victoria Walk-In Shower Installation.
For more information about your options for setting up a Walk-In Shower in your Victoria house you can call us at 651-646-1687. To set up a consultation online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We would enjoy to obtain your job launched right away so you can begin enjoying your brand-new Walk-In Shower. We have over 60 years experience serving homeowners in Minnesota. Kohler is our recommended brand name of bath products. If you are interested, we also install walk-in tubs in Victoria.
How Do You Take care of Your New Walk-in Shower?
Wondering what will be required to make sure your walk-in shower stays clean and fresh? Follow these steps to remain on top of your walk-in shower maintenance.
- Start your shower room exhaust fan before taking a shower.
- Your shampoos, bar soaps and bath gels should remain in a shower caddy that permits drainage to avoid any sticky, slimy residues.
- After every shower spray the shower down with a spray-- either handmade or store bought- to prevent soap scum and deposits.
- After the spray, squeegee the tile walls with a rubber squeegee to get the walls to dry much faster and avoid mildew.
- If you have tile, you need to spray it when a week with a bathroom cleaner and nylon brush and rinse.
- To actually keep glass tidy you need to clean them with a glass cleaner and soft fabric.
- If you have tile, seal the grout lines every 6 months to avoid mildew and discolorations.
Walk-in Shower Advantages
- Unlike basic stalls, walk-in showers do not require a drape or door to block the spray of water, leading to a roomy, open appearance.
- Walk-in showers have shallow curbs to keep excess water from running onto the restroom floor -which suggests higher accessibility, a big benefit for those with joint injuries or movement problems.
Why Not Consider a Walk-in Shower
- Resale value of your home could be impacted if you do not have any tubs in it.
- A walk-in shower might offer less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- Showering in a walk-in shower without a door can make things feel drafty.
Walk-In Shower Cost Estimates
Depending on the size and quality a premade walk-in shower will cost between $800 and $2500. As long as you do it right, setting up the shower pan and doors yourself can save some loan-- however might end up costing a lot more if done incorrect. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending on what requires to be done. Including glass sidewalls and doors, which are thicker than basic sheet glass, additional boosts the expense. Arranging an appointment can assist you get the finest idea of what a new walk-in shower will cost you.