Kohler Walk In Shower Contractor in Saint Paul
Benefits of a Walk-in Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking because they don't need a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other movement issues a walk-in shower can provide better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a small curb to prevent water from spilling onto the bathroom floor.
Why Not Consider a Walk-in Shower
- Resale worth of your home could be impacted if you don't have any tubs in it.
- Tubs are much easier to bath small children in.
- A walk-in shower may provide less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The lack of a shower door can develop a breezy feel during showering.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Saint Paul
If you are considering setting up a Walk-In Shower in your Saint Paul home, then you can give us a call at 651-646-1687. Our online scheduling is readily available 24/7 for you to schedule an appointment for one of our specialists to come see your potential Walk-In Shower project. We look forward to consulting with you on your project. We have actually been assisting property owners in Minnesota for over 60 years. We install fine Kohler brand products and are a recommended supplier for them. For homeowners in Saint Paul, we can also install walk-in tubs.
What Should I Expect When Installing a Walk-In Shower?
Here are the standard actions in installing a walk-in shower:
Get rid of the old tub and demolish wallboard as required.
Construct walls to fit new walk-in shower as necessary.
Mechanical rough-in, which involves installing new water supply lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or several nozzles, along with the positioning of the drain. If you're consisting of an overhead shower light, an electrical expert will wire it throughout this phase.
The shower pan is installed.
This is the time to position the wall surround.
The final mechanical modifications are made by attaching showerheads, faucets and drains pipes.
Installation of glass doors or panels is done last to avoid accidental cracks or chips from other setup steps.
What Care is Important for a Walk-in Shower?
So you have a brand-new walk-in shower. Follow these steps to remain on top of your walk-in shower maintenance.
- Eliminate extra humidity from the bathroom prior to you start the shower.
- Utilize an open-bottom shower caddy to hold containers of bath gel, hair shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Leaving these products on tile shelves or the flooring can result in sticky, slimy residue and mildew growth.
- Utilize a home made shower spray every day to remove soap residue. This will prevent soap scum and hard water deposits.
- Mildew can be avoided by squeegeeing the walls.
- As soon as a week you need to spray tiles with an all function shower room cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- Tidy glass panels with industrial glass cleaner and soft tidy cloths (or absorbent paper towels) after each shower to keep glass gleaming tidy.
- If you have tile, seal the grout lines every 6 months to avoid mildew and spots.
Walk in Shower Seat
A built-in or free standing stool can help include utility to your walk-in shower. If you need to have the ability to shave your legs or reach toiletries securely a walk-in shower seat can serve to help. A nice stylish seat can also serve as a place to relax in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost Quotes
Depending on the size and quality a premade walk-in shower will cost between $800 and $2500. As long as you do it right, installing the shower pan and doors yourself can conserve some cash-- but could wind up costing a lot more if done wrong. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending upon what requires to be done. Including glass sidewalls and doors, which are thicker than standard sheet glass, more increases the expense. To get an estimate for your project you can schedule a consultation here