Pro Walk-In Shower Setup in Red Wing
Why You Should Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking due to the fact that they don't need a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other motion concerns a walk-in shower can provide far better access. Walk-in showers have a small curb to prevent water from spilling onto the restroom flooring.
Why Not Consider a Walk-in Shower
- A home without any bath tubs may have a lower resale value as a full tub is considered a full bathroom versus a three quarter bath.
- Bathing kids is typically simpler in a tub than in a shower.
- A walk-in shower might give less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The lack of a shower door can produce a drafty feel during showering.
Red Wing Walk-In Shower Installing.
Call us at 651-646-1687 if you're thinking about putting in a Walk-In Shower in your Red Wing home. Our online scheduling is available 24/7 for you to set up an appointment for one of our experts to come see your potential Walk-In Shower job. We would like to have a chance to consult with you. We have been helping homeowners in Minnesota for over 60 years. We set up great Kohler brand name items and are a preferred supplier for them. If you are interested, we also install walk-in tubs in Red Wing.
Walk In Shower Installation
Walk-In Shower Installation Overview:
Wallboard and old tub eliminated.
New wall framing, if essential, to accommodate the shower setup.
Mechanical modifications are made to enable the showerhead, drain and if needed, an overhead light.
Shower pan installation. A prefab shower pan needs just to be set in place and connected to the framework,
This is the time to position the wall surround.
Installation of components consists of connecting nozzle spray heads, a showerhead, faucet handles, and the drain cover.
To prevent any cracks or chips, glass doors and panels are put in last.
What Care is Important for a Walk-in Shower?
So you have a new walk-in shower. Follow these steps to remain on top of your walk-in shower maintenance.
- Turn on a first-class shower room exhaust ventilator to remove excess humidity from the space prior to taking a shower.
- A draining shower caddy will help decrease mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- Use a home made shower spray every day to eliminate soap residue. This will prevent soap scum and hard water deposits.
- Mildew can be prevented by squeegeeing the walls.
- Tile must be sprayed with an all function cleaner and rinsed when a week.
- Tidy glass panels with commercial glass cleaner and soft tidy fabrics (or absorbent paper towels) after each shower to keep glass sparkling clean.
- Seal the grout lines every 6 months, or as suggested by your tile setter, to avoid difficult water stains and mildew from forming.
Benefit for a Walk-in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's usefulness think about including either a built-in bench or a stool. The seat can make access to toiletries simpler and supply a method to shave your legs. Having the ability to sit can assist you relax in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost Estimates
A premade walk-in shower kit need to cost from $800 to $2500 for the set alone. As long as you do it right, setting up the shower pan and doors yourself can save some cash-- but could end up costing a lot more if done wrong. Having a pro do it will add from $750-$ 2500 depending upon what needs to be done. Including glass sidewalls and doors, which are thicker than basic sheet glass, additional increases the cost. Scheduling a visit can assist you get the very best idea of what a new walk-in shower will cost you.