Expert Walk-In Shower Installers in Prior Lake
Benefits of a Walk-in Shower
- Unlike basic stalls, walk-in showers do not require a curtain or door to block the spray of water, leading to a spacious, open appearance.
- If you need higher access, a walk-in shower can be a huge advantage. Walk-in showers have minimal curbs to keep water in the shower location.
Disadvantages of a Walk-in Shower
- A home without any bathtubs might have a lower resale value as a full tub is considered a complete bathroom versus a 3 quarter bath.
- A walk-in shower may offer less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The absence of a shower door can produce a breezy feel throughout showering.
Walk-in Shower care
So you have a brand-new walk-in shower. The following care and maintenance steps will keep your brand-new shower looking and smelling fantastic.
- Remove extra humidity from the bathroom prior to you begin the shower.
- A draining shower caddy will help in reducing mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- To avoid soap residue and difficult water deposits in your walk-in shower you ought to utilize a daily shower spray-- either home made or you can buy one.
- Drying walk-in shower walls with a squeegee can assist avoid mildew.
- If you have tile, you need to spray it when a week with a shower room cleaner and nylon brush and rinse.
- If you actually desire your glass enclosure to keep looking terrific use an industrial glass cleaner and soft cloth after every shower.
- Grout lines must be sealed every 6 months to keep mildew and tough water discolorations at bay.
Exactly what is the Process for Setting Up a Walk-In Shower?
This is exactly what you can get out of a walk-in shower project:
Eliminate the old tub and destroy drywall as necessary.
If needed, new wall framing to fit new shower.
All the mechanical changes are made to water lines, drains pipes and electrical.
The shower pan is set up.
This is the time to place the wall surround.
The mechanical final is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains.
If including glass wall panels, they'll go on last to decrease the risk of chips or breaks that are more likely to occur if they're set up earlier.
Uses for a Walk-in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's effectiveness consider adding either an integrated bench or a stool. The seat can make access to toiletries simpler and provide a way to shave your legs. A walk-in shower seat can serve to help you unwind.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Prior Lake
Contact us at 651-646-1687 if you're thinking about putting in a Walk-In Shower in your Prior Lake home. If you want to arrange an appointment for us to come and provide you an estimate for your house you can also go to our convenient online form to set it up. We would like to have an opportunity to work with you. We have actually been serving Minnesota homeowners for over 60 years. Kohler is our preferred brand name of bath items. If you would choose to add a walk-in tub in your Prior Lake house we also do that.
Walk-In Shower Cost Quotes
The least costly option-- a prefab walk-in shower kit-- costs between $800 and $2,500, based on size and quality. If you set up the shower and doors yourself you can save some money but doing it best with a pro will add another $750 to $2500 depending on what has to be done. Extra pipes is essential for directional nozzles. Setting up a visit can help you get the very best concept of what a new walk-in shower will cost you.