Minnetonka's Recommended Walk in Shower Contractors
Walk-In Shower Installation Process
This is exactly what you can anticipate from a walk-in shower project:
Eliminate the old tub and demolish drywall as necessary.
New wall framing, if essential, to accommodate the shower setup.
Mechanical rough-in, which involves setting up brand-new water system lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or several nozzles, along with the positioning of the drain. If you're including an overhead shower light, an electrical expert will wire it during this phase.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan requires just to be set in location and connected to the framework,
This is the time to position the wall surround.
The mechanical final is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
Setup of glass doors or panels is done last to avoid unexpected fractures or chips from other installation actions.
Ways to Care for Your Walk-in Shower
So you have a new walk-in shower. Here are some basic suggestions to keep your walk-in shower in top shape.
- Eliminate additional humidity from the bathroom before you start the shower.
- If you use a shower caddy make sure it has correct drainage to prevent mildew and slimy leftovers.
- Use a home made shower spray every day to eliminate soap residue. This will prevent soap residue and difficult water deposits.
- Mildew can be prevented by squeegeeing the walls.
- Spray tile walls once a week with an all-purpose bathroom cleaner, utilizing a brush with stiff nylon bristles to scrub tile and grout lines. Rinse with plain water.
- To keep glass looking terrific use an industrial glass cleaner and either soft cloth or absorbent paper towels.
- Grout lines ought to be sealed every 6 months to keep mildew and difficult water spots at bay.
Walk-In Shower Cost Estimates
A premade set can cost from $800 to $2500 depending on the alternatives and materials. If you set up the shower and doors yourself you can conserve some loan however doing it ideal with a pro will include another $750 to $2500 depending on exactly what requires to be done. Extra plumbing is required for directional nozzles. If you wish to get a great quote for your task you can set up an appointment here.
Ways to broaden making use of your walk-in shower seat
Shower seats provide you more flexibility with your walk-in shower. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries much simpler. Having the ability to sit can assist you relax in your walk-in shower.
Why You Should Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Compared with basic stalls, a walk-in shower looks spacious due to the fact that it does not require a drape or door.
- Walk-in showers have shallow curbs to keep excess water from running onto the restroom floor -which implies greater ease of access, a huge advantage for those with joint injuries or movement issues.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- Remember home resale value before transforming all your tubs to walk-in showers. Efficiently, your house needs to have at least one bathroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and property representatives categorize bathrooms by fixtures, and, in order to qualify as a "complete bath," there must be a tub. A restroom with a shower however no tub is considered a "three-quarter bath.”
- Bathing kids is typically simpler in a tub than in a shower.
- Shower stalls with doors offer more privacy than a walk-in shower.
- The absence of a shower door can create a drafty feel during showering.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Minnetonka
To get more information about your alternatives for installing a Walk-In Shower in your Minnetonka house you can call us at 651-646-1687. To arrange a visit online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We would love to have an opportunity to work with you. We have over 60 years experience serving house owners in Minnesota. We are the recommended company for Kohler shower and bath items for Minnesota. If you would choose to add a walk-in tub in your Minnetonka home we also do that.