Expert Walk In Shower Installation in Maplewood
Walk In Shower Setup
Here are the fundamental actions in installing a walk-in shower:
Elimination of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
Build walls to fit brand-new walk-in shower as necessary.
Mechanical rough-in, which includes installing new water supply lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or numerous nozzles, as well as the positioning of the drain. If you're consisting of an overhead shower light, an electrical contractor will wire it throughout this stage.
The shower pan is installed.
The wall surround is put in.
The mechanical final is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
If adding glass wall panels, they'll go on last to decrease the threat of chips or breaks that are most likely to occur if they're set up earlier.
Benefit for a Walk-in Shower Seat
Shower seats provide you more flexibility with your walk-in shower. The seat can make access to toiletries simpler and supply a method to shave your legs. Having the ability to sit can serve to help you relax in your walk-in shower.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Maplewood
If you are thinking about installing a Walk-In Shower in your Maplewood house, then you can give us a call at 651-646-1687. To schedule an appointment online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We eagerly anticipate consulting with you on your project. We have actually been serving Minnesota property owners for over 60 years. Kohler is our recommended brand name of bath items. For house owners in Maplewood, we can likewise set up walk-in tubs.
The best ways to Maintain Your Walk-in Shower
So you have a new walk-in shower. Follow these steps to remain on top of your walk-in shower upkeep.
- Start your shower room exhaust ventilator prior to taking a shower.
- If you utilize a shower caddy make sure it has proper drain to prevent mildew and slimy leftovers.
- After every shower spray the shower down with a spray-- either handcrafted or store bought- to avoid soap residue and deposits.
- After the spray, squeegee the tile walls with a rubber squeegee to get the walls to dry faster and prevent mildew.
- When a week you should spray tiles with an all function bathroom cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- To actually keep glass clean you need to clean them with a glass cleaner and soft cloth.
- Seal the grout lines every six months, or as suggested by your tile setter, to prevent tough water stains and mildew from forming.
Walk-in Shower Advantages
- Unlike basic stalls, walk-in showers don't need a drape or door to block the spray of water, leading to a spacious, open look.
- Walk-in showers have shallow curbs to keep excess water from running onto the bathroom floor -which suggests higher ease of access, a huge advantage for those with joint injuries or movement issues.
Disadvantages of a Walk-in Shower
- Resale worth of your house could be affected if you do not have any tubs in it.
- Bathing small children is generally easier in a tub than in a shower.
- A walk-in shower may offer less personal privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- If there isn't a shower door it can cause it to feel breezy during showering.
Just how much is a Walk-In Shower?
A prefabricated walk-in shower set should cost from $800 to $2500 for the package alone. Setting up the shower pan and any doors included yourself is a money-saving choice if you're knowledgeable in plumbing and framing, while expert setup will add another $750 to $2,500, depending on the design of your bathroom and pipes requirements. Depending on the last size and the products selected, an expertly set up custom shower can run $6,500 to $15,000 or more. Arranging a visit can assist you get the best concept of what a new walk-in shower will cost you.