Pro Walk-in Shower Installs in Mahtomedi
Benefits of a Walk-in Shower
- Unlike basic stalls, walk-in showers do not need a curtain or door to obstruct the spray of water, leading to a large, open appearance.
- If you need greater access, a walk-in shower can be a huge advantage. Walk-in showers have very little curbs to keep water in the shower location.
Disadvantages of a Walk-in Shower
- Bear in mind house resale value before transforming all your tubs to walk-in showers. Efficiently, your home needs to have at least one bathroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and real estate representatives classify bathrooms by fixtures, and, in order to certify as a "full bath," there need to be a tub. A restroom with a shower however no tub is considered a "three-quarter bath.”
- An open shower gives less personal privacy than a standard shower stall with a door.
- If there isn't a shower door it can cause it to feel breezy during showering.
What Do You Need to do to Care for Your Walk-in Shower?
So you have a brand-new walk-in shower. The following care and maintenance steps will keep your new shower looking and smelling great.
- Eliminate extra humidity from the bathroom before you begin the shower.
- A draining shower caddy will help in reducing mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- After every shower spray the shower down with a spray-- either handcrafted or shop purchased- to prevent soap residue and deposits.
- Drying walk-in shower walls with a squeegee can assist prevent mildew.
- Spray tile walls once a week with an all-purpose bathroom cleaner, utilizing a brush with stiff nylon bristles to scrub tile and grout lines. Rinse with plain water.
- Clean glass panels with industrial glass cleaner and soft clean fabrics (or absorbent paper towels) after each shower to keep glass sparkling tidy.
- To avoid mildew and discolorations you ought to seal your grout lines every 6 months (or basically depending on exactly what your tile setter informs you).
Walk In Shower Installation
This is what you can anticipate from a walk-in shower project:
Removal of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
If necessary, new wall framing to fit new shower.
Mechanical changes are made to permit for the showerhead, drain and if required, an overhead light.
The shower pan is installed.
The wall surround is attached.
The mechanical last is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
If there are glass doors or panels they are done last to prevent cracks or breaks.
The best ways to Take a seat in your walk-in shower
A built-in or free standing stool can really help add usage to your walk-in shower. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries much easier. A walk-in shower seat can serve to help you relax.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Mahtomedi
Contact us at 651-646-1687 if you're considering putting in a Walk-In Shower in your Mahtomedi home. If you would like to schedule an appointment for us to come and offer you a quote for your house you can also go to our convenient online form to set it up. We would like to have a chance to consult with you. We have more than 60 years experience serving house owners in Minnesota. Kohler is our recommended brand name of bath products. For property owners in Mahtomedi, we can also set up walk-in tubs.
What Does a Walk-In Shower Cost?
The least pricey alternative-- a prefab walk-in shower package-- costs between $800 and $2,500, based upon size and quality. If you install the shower and doors yourself you can conserve some money but doing it right with a pro will include another $750 to $2500 depending upon what requires to be done. Depending upon the last size and the products chosen, a professionally installed custom shower can run $6,500 to $15,000 or more. Arranging an appointment can assist you get the very best idea of exactly what a brand-new walk-in shower will cost you.