Pro Walk In Shower Installation in Farmington
Why You Should Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking because they don't require a curtain or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other movement concerns a walk-in shower can offer far better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a little curb to prevent water from spilling onto the restroom floor.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- Remember house resale value before converting all your tubs to walk-in showers. Efficiently, your home must have at least one bathroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and real estate representatives classify restrooms by components, and, in order to certify as a "complete bath," there should be a tub. A restroom with a shower however no tub is considered a "three-quarter bath.”
- Tubs are much easier to bath little kids in.
- A walk-in shower might provide less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The absence of a shower door can create a breezy feel throughout showering.
Farmington Walk-In Shower Installation.
If you are thinking about installing a Walk-In Shower in your Farmington home, then you can call us at 651-646-1687. To set up a visit online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We would like to have an opportunity to consult with you. We have actually been helping homeowners in Minnesota for over 60 years. We are the preferred supplier for Kohler shower and bath items for Minnesota. For homeowners in Farmington, we can also install walk-in tubs.
Walk-In Shower Installation Process
Here are the basic steps in setting up a walk-in shower:
Wallboard and old tub eliminated.
New wall framing, if necessary, to accommodate the shower setup.
Mechanical rough-in, which involves setting up brand-new water supply lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or several nozzles, in addition to the positioning of the drain. If you're including an overhead shower light, an electrician will wire it throughout this phase.
The shower pan is set up.
This is the time to position the wall surround.
Setup of fixtures consists of attaching nozzle spray heads, a showerhead, faucet handles, and the drain cover.
To prevent any cracks or chips, glass doors and panels are put in last.
Protect a Walk-in Shower
Wondering exactly what will be required to make sure your walk-in shower stays tidy and fresh? Follow these steps to remain on top of your walk-in shower maintenance.
- Turn on a first-class bathroom exhaust fan to eliminate excess humidity from the room prior to showering.
- A draining pipes shower caddy will help in reducing mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- Use a home made shower spray every day to remove soap residue. This will avoid soap scum and difficult water deposits.
- After using a day-to-day shower spray, get rid of excess water from tile walls rubber squeegee if wanted. This assists walls dry much faster, a great idea if you've experienced mildew problems in the shower room.
- Tile must be sprayed with an all purpose cleaner and rinsed as soon as a week.
- To keep glass looking terrific use an industrial glass cleaner and either soft fabric or absorbent paper towels.
- To prevent mildew and stains you must seal your grout lines every 6 months (or more or less depending upon exactly what your tile setter informs you).
How to expand the usage of your walk-in shower seat
An integrated or free standing stool can really help add utility to your walk-in shower. If you require to be able to shave your legs or reach toiletries safely a walk-in shower seat can serve to help. A nice elegant seat can also function as a place to relax in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost?
Depending on the size and quality a premade walk-in shower will cost in between $800 and $2500. Installing the shower pan and any doors included yourself is a money-saving option if you're knowledgeable in plumbing and framing, while professional installation will add another $750 to $2,500, depending upon the layout of your restroom and plumbing requirements. Extra plumbing is required for directional nozzles. If you desire to get an excellent estimate for your project you can set up a visit here.