Kohler Walk In Shower Contractor in Eden Prairie
Walk-In Shower Installation Process
Here are the basic actions in installing a walk-in shower:
Elimination of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
If essential, brand-new wall framing to fit new shower.
Water system lines, drains pipes and any overhead lights will be done.
The shower pan is placed and protected to the framework.
This is the time to place the wall surround.
The mechanical last is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains.
If there are glass doors or panels they are done last to prevent cracks or breaks.
Why would you wish to sit in your walk-in shower?
Shower seats give you more flexibility with your walk-in shower. The seat can make access to toiletries much easier and provide a method to shave your legs. Walk-in showers with stylish seats that invite bathers to relax and loosen up.
We Install Walk-In Showers in Eden Prairie
Give us a call at 651-646-1687 if you're considering putting in a Walk-In Shower in your Eden Prairie house. To arrange a visit online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We would enjoy to get your task started immediately so you can begin enjoying your new Walk-In Shower. We have actually been serving Minnesota property owners for over 60 years. Kohler is our recommended brand name of bath products. If you are interested, we likewise install walk-in tubs in Eden Prairie.
Ways to Protect Your Walk-in Shower
So you have a brand-new walk-in shower. Follow these actions to stay on top of your walk-in shower upkeep.
- Start your shower room exhaust fan before taking a shower.
- If you use a shower caddy ensure it has proper drain to prevent mildew and slimy leftovers.
- Utilize a home made shower spray every day to eliminate soap residue. This will prevent soap scum and tough water deposits.
- After the spray, squeegee the tile walls with a rubber squeegee to get the walls to dry faster and avoid mildew.
- Once a week you need to spray tiles with an all purpose shower room cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- To really keep glass clean you ought to clean them with a glass cleaner and soft cloth.
- If you have tile, seal the grout lines every 6 months to prevent mildew and stains.
Walk-in Shower Advantages
- Unlike basic stalls, walk-in showers don't need a curtain or door to obstruct the spray of water, leading to a large, open look.
- Walk-in showers have shallow curbs to keep excess water from running onto the bathroom flooring -which indicates higher ease of access, a big advantage for those with joint injuries or mobility issues.
Why You Should Not Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Resale value of your house could be affected if you don't have any tubs in it.
- Bathing little kids is normally much easier in a tub than in a shower.
- A walk-in shower might provide less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- Showering in a walk-in shower without a door can make things feel drafty.
Walk-In Shower Cost?
Depending on the size and quality a premade walk-in shower will cost in between $800 and $2500. As long as you do it right, installing the shower pan and doors yourself can conserve some loan-- however might end up costing a lot more if done wrong. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending on exactly what needs to be done. Additional pipes is essential for directional nozzles. Setting up a visit can help you get the finest idea of what a brand-new walk-in shower will cost you.