Expert Walk In Shower Installation in East Bethel
Advantages of a Walk-in Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking because they do not require a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other motion issues a walk-in shower can provide better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a little curb to prevent water from spilling onto the bathroom flooring.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- Keep in mind house resale value prior to converting all of your tubs to walk-in showers. Optimally, your home should have at least one bathroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and realty representatives classify bathrooms by fixtures, and, in order to qualify as a "complete bath," there need to be a tub. A restroom with a shower however no tub is deemed a "three-quarter bath.”
- Tubs are simpler to bath kids in.
- A walk-in shower might provide less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The lack of a shower door can develop a drafty feel throughout showering.
East Bethel Walk-In Shower Installing.
If you are considering setting up a Walk-In Shower in your East Bethel home, then you can give us a call at 651-646-1687. Our online scheduling is offered 24/7 for you to schedule a consultation for one of our experts to come see your potential Walk-In Shower project. We anticipate working with you on your task. We have been serving Minnesota homeowners for over 60 years. We are the recommended supplier for Kohler shower and bath products for Minnesota. If you are interested, we also install walk-in tubs in East Bethel.
What is the Process for Installing a Walk-In Shower?
Here are the standard steps in installing a walk-in shower:
Demolition and clearance of the old tub and drywall.
If necessary, brand-new wall framing to fit brand-new shower.
All the mechanical changes are made to water lines, drains pipes and electrical.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan requires just to be set in place and connected to the framing,
The wall surround is affixed.
The final mechanical changes are made by connecting showerheads, faucets and drains.
Setup of glass doors or panels is done last to prevent accidental cracks or chips from other installation steps.
Care for a Walk-in Shower
Congrats! You've got a brand-new upgraded shower room. The following care and maintenance steps will keep your new shower looking and smelling terrific.
- Eliminate additional humidity from the bathroom prior to you begin the shower.
- A draining shower caddy will assist lower mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- After every shower spray the shower down with a spray-- either handmade or store purchased- to prevent soap scum and deposits.
- Mildew can be prevented by squeegeeing the walls.
- Tile ought to be sprayed with an all function cleaner and washed as soon as a week.
- To keep glass looking great use an industrial glass cleaner and either soft fabric or absorbent paper towels.
- Grout lines should be sealed every 6 months to keep mildew and tough water stains at bay.
Benefit for a Walk-in Shower Seat
A built-in or free standing stool can serve to help include usage to your walk-in shower. Seats in walk-in showers keep toiletries at hand, offer a footrest for leg-shaving endeavors, and supply perches within reach of revitalizing sprays. Being able to sit can help you unwind in your walk-in shower.
What Does a Walk-In Shower Cost?
A premade package can cost from $800 to $2500 depending upon the options and products. If you install the shower and doors yourself you can save some money but doing it right with a pro will include another $750 to $2500 depending on exactly what has to be done. Extra plumbing is necessary for directional nozzles. To get an estimate for your project you can set up an appointment here