Kohler Walk In Shower Installer in Eagan
Exactly what is the Process for Setting Up a Walk-In Shower?
This is exactly what you can anticipate from a walk-in shower task:
Removal of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
If essential, brand-new wall framing to fit new shower.
Supply of water lines, drains and any overhead lights will be done.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan needs just to be set in place and attached to the framework,
This is the time to place the wall surround.
The mechanical final is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
If there are glass doors or panels they are done last to avoid cracks or breaks.
What Do You Need to do to Look after Your Walk-in Shower?
Congrats! You've got a new upgraded bathroom. Here are some basic ideas to keep your walk-in shower in top shape.
- Start your shower room exhaust fan prior to taking a shower.
- If you utilize a shower caddy ensure it has correct drain to avoid mildew and slimy leftovers.
- After every shower, use a daily shower spray (which you can make yourself or find in your grocery store cleansing supply aisle), which breaks down soap residue. Spray lightly on tile walls and floors to help shed water and keep soap scum and tough water deposits from forming.
- Mildew can be prevented by squeegeeing the walls.
- Spray tile walls once a week with an all-purpose shower room cleaner, utilizing a brush with stiff nylon bristles to scrub tile and grout lines. Rinse with plain water.
- If you truly want your glass enclosure to keep looking excellent use a business glass cleaner and soft cloth after every shower.
- Seal the grout lines every 6 months, or as recommended by your tile setter, to avoid difficult water discolorations and mildew from forming.
Walk-In Shower Cost Estimates
Depending upon the size and quality a prefabricated walk-in shower will cost in between $800 and $2500. If you install the shower and doors yourself you can save some money but doing it right with a pro will add another $750 to $2500 depending on what has to be done. Extra plumbing is necessary for directional nozzles. Arranging an appointment can help you get the very best concept of exactly what a brand-new walk-in shower will cost you.
Uses for a Walk-in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's usefulness consider including either an integrated bench or a stool. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries a lot easier. A great stylish seat can also act as a place to unwind in your walk-in shower.
Why Consider a Walk-in Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking since they don't need a drape or door to keep water in.
- If you need higher gain access to, a walk-in shower can be a big benefit. Walk-in showers have very little curbs to keep water in the shower area.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- Keep in mind home resale value before transforming all your tubs to walk-in showers. Optimally, your home needs to have at least one bathroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and realty representatives classify restrooms by fixtures, and, in order to qualify as a "full bath," there must be a tub. A bathroom with a shower but no tub is deemed a "three-quarter bath.”
- Bathing children is generally simpler in a tub than in a shower.
- Shower stalls with doors provide more privacy than a walk-in shower.
- The absence of a shower door can produce a drafty feel during showering.
We Install Walk-In Showers in Eagan
If you are considering installing a Walk-In Shower in your Eagan house, then you can give us a call at 651-646-1687. Our online scheduling is offered 24/7 for you to schedule an appointment for one of our specialists to come see your prospective Walk-In Shower job. We look forward to working with you on your job. We have more than 60 years experience serving property owners in Minnesota. We set up fine Kohler brand name products and are a recommended company for them. If you would prefer to add a walk-in tub in your Eagan home we likewise do that.