Expert Walk In Shower Construction in Brooklyn Center
Brooklyn Center Walk-In Shower Setup.
If you are considering installing a Walk-In Shower in your Brooklyn Center home, then you can contact us at 651-646-1687. If you wish to set up a consultation for us to come and provide you a quote for your home you can also go to our useful online form to set it up. We eagerly anticipate consulting with you on your job. We have over 60 years experience serving house owners in Minnesota. We set up fine Kohler brand name items and are a preferred service provider for them. If you are interested, we also install walk-in tubs in Brooklyn Center.
Advantages of a Walk-in Shower
- Unlike standard stalls, walk-in showers do not need a drape or door to obstruct the spray of water, leading to a large, open look.
- For those with injuries or other motion problems a walk-in shower can provide better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a small curb to prevent water from spilling onto the restroom floor.
Why You Should Not Consider a Walk-In Shower
- Bear in mind home resale value before converting all your tubs to walk-in showers. Optimally, your home should have at least one restroom with a full-size tub. Appraisers and property representatives classify restrooms by fixtures, and, in order to certify as a "complete bath," there must be a tub. A bathroom with a shower however no tub is considered a "three-quarter bath.”
- Tubs are easier to bath kids in.
- A walk-in shower might offer less personal privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- Showering in a walk-in shower without a door can cause it to feel drafty.
Walk in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's effectiveness think about adding either an integrated bench or a stool. If you have to have the ability to shave your legs or reach toiletries securely a walk-in shower seat can really help. Walk-in showers with elegant seats that invite bathers to relax and unwind.
Walk-In Shower Installation Process
Here are the standard actions in setting up a walk-in shower:
Elimination of the old tub or shower enclosure and demolition of wallboard.
Any changes required to the walls to fit the new walk-in shower setup.
Water supply lines, drains pipes and any overhead lights will be done.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan needs only to be set in place and attached to the framing,
The wall surround is affixed.
The mechanical last is done by putting in faucets, showerheads and drains pipes.
Installation of glass doors or panels is done last to prevent unintentional cracks or chips from other setup steps.
What Care is Necessary for a Walk-in Shower?
Congrats! You've got a new upgraded bathroom. Here are some basic ideas to keep your walk-in shower in top shape.
- Start your shower room exhaust fan before taking a shower.
- Utilize an open-bottom shower caddy to hold containers of bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Leaving these products on tile shelves or the flooring can lead to sticky, slimy residue and mildew development.
- After every shower, utilize a daily shower spray (which you can make yourself or get in your supermarket cleansing supply aisle), which breaks down soap residue. Spray lightly on tile walls and floorings to help shed water and keep soap residue and tough water deposits from forming.
- After using a daily shower spray, eliminate excess water from tile walls rubber squeegee if preferred. This helps walls dry quicker, a great idea if you've experienced mildew issues in the bathroom.
- Tile must be sprayed with an all function cleaner and washed when a week.
- To keep glass looking fantastic use an industrial glass cleaner and either soft cloth or absorbent paper towels.
- If you have tile, seal the grout lines every 6 months to avoid mildew and stains.
Walk-In Shower Cost Estimations
A prefabricated walk-in shower kit need to cost from $800 to $2500 for the package alone. If you set up the shower and doors yourself you can save some money however doing it ideal with a pro will include another $750 to $2500 depending upon exactly what needs to be done. Depending upon the last size and the materials picked, an expertly installed custom-made shower can run $6,500 to $15,000 or more. To obtain a price quote for your job you can set up a consultation here