Blaine's Finest Walk in Shower Installers
Benefits of a Walk-in Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking since they don't need a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other movement concerns a walk-in shower can give far better gain access to. Walk-in showers have a little curb to prevent water from spilling onto the bathroom flooring.
Disadvantages of a Walk-in Shower
- Resale worth of your house could be affected if you don't have any tubs in it.
- Tubs are much easier to bath kids in.
- A walk-in shower may provide less personal privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The absence of a shower door can develop a breezy feel during showering.
We Add Walk-In Showers in Blaine
Call us at 651-646-1687 if you're considering putting in a Walk-In Shower in your Blaine home. To arrange a visit online 24/7 you can use our online form here. We anticipate working with you on your task. We have actually been assisting homeowners in Minnesota for over 60 years. We install great Kohler brand products and are a preferred service provider for them. If you are interested, we likewise install walk-in tubs in Blaine.
Walk In Shower Installation
Walk-In Shower Installation Overview:
Demolition and disposal of the old tub and drywall.
If essential, new wall framing to fit new shower.
Mechanical rough-in, which involves installing brand-new water supply lines for a showerhead and faucets, and/or numerous nozzles, along with the positioning of the drain. If you're including an overhead shower light, an electrical contractor will wire it during this phase.
Shower pan setup. A prefab shower pan requires only to be embeded in place and attached to the framing,
The wall surround is affixed.
Setup of fixtures includes attaching nozzle spray heads, a showerhead, faucet manages, and the drain cover.
If adding glass wall panels, they'll go on last to lower the danger of chips or breaks that are more most likely to occur if they're set up earlier.
What Care is Needed for a Walk-in Shower?
Congrats! You've got a new upgraded bathroom. Here are some basic ideas to keep your walk-in shower in leading shape.
- Turn on a top-notch bathroom exhaust fan to remove excess humidity from the space prior to taking a shower.
- Use an open-bottom shower caddy to hold containers of bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Leaving these products on tile shelves or the floor can cause sticky, slimy residue and mildew development.
- To avoid soap residue and hard water deposits in your walk-in shower you need to utilize an everyday shower spray-- either home made or you can buy one.
- Mildew can be avoided by squeegeeing the walls.
- As soon as a week you must spray tiles with an all purpose bathroom cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- To keep glass looking great use an industrial glass cleaner and either soft cloth or absorbent paper towels.
- To avoid mildew and spots you must seal your grout lines every 6 months (or more or less depending upon what your tile setter tells you).
Walk in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's usefulness consider adding either a built-in bench or a stool. Having the ability to sit down in the shower offers the flexibility to shave legs, reach toiletries and possibly reach certain sprays. A nice stylish seat can also act as a location to unwind in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost Quotes
Depending on the size and quality a premade walk-in shower will cost in between $800 and $2500. As long as you do it right, setting up the shower pan and doors yourself can conserve some loan-- however could wind up costing a lot more if done incorrect. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending upon what has to be done. Extra pipes is required for directional nozzles. Scheduling an appointment can assist you get the very best idea of exactly what a brand-new walk-in shower will cost you.