Master Walk In Shower Installation in Andover
Benefits of a Walk-in Shower
- Walk-in showers are open looking since they do not require a drape or door to keep water in.
- For those with injuries or other movement problems a walk-in shower can give better access. Walk-in showers have a little curb to prevent water from spilling onto the bathroom floor.
Walk-in Shower Disadvantages
- A home without any tubs might have a lower resale worth as a full tub is thought about a full restroom versus a 3 quarter bath.
- Bathing children is normally much easier in a tub than in a shower.
- A walk-in shower might give less privacy than a shower stall with a door.
- The absence of a shower door can develop a breezy feel during showering.
Walk In Shower Installer in Andover.
If you are thinking about installing a Walk-In Shower in your Andover home, then you can call us at 651-646-1687. Our online scheduling is available 24/7 for you to schedule an appointment for one of our specialists to come see your potential Walk-In Shower task. We would love to have an opportunity to work with you. We have actually been serving Minnesota house owners for over 60 years. We install fine Kohler brand products and are a preferred supplier for them. If you would prefer to include a walk-in tub in your Andover house we also do that.
Walk In Shower Installation
Walk-In Shower Installation Overview:
Demolition and removal of the old tub and drywall.
If essential, new wall framing to fit new shower.
Mechanical modifications are made to enable the showerhead, drain and if necessary, an overhead light.
The shower pan is set up.
The wall surround is affixed.
The final mechanical modifications are made by attaching showerheads, faucets and drains pipes.
If including glass wall panels, they'll go on last to lower the threat of chips or breaks that are more likely to happen if they're set up previously.
How Do You Maintain Your New Walk-in Shower?
Congrats! You've got a new updated shower room. Follow these actions to remain on top of your walk-in shower maintenance.
- Remove extra humidity from the bathroom before you start the shower.
- A draining shower caddy will help in reducing mold, slimy residues and mildew from your bar soaps and bath gels.
- Use a home made shower spray every day to remove soap residue. This will avoid soap scum and tough water deposits.
- Mildew can be avoided by squeegeeing the walls.
- As soon as a week you must spray tiles with an all purpose shower room cleaner, scrub with a nylon brush and rinse.
- To keep glass looking excellent use a business glass cleaner and either soft fabric or absorbent paper towels.
- Grout lines should be sealed every 6 months to keep mildew and difficult water discolorations at bay.
Walk in Shower Seat
To increase your walk-in shower's effectiveness consider including either a built-in bench or a stool. A walk-in shower seat or bench can make shaving legs or reaching toiletries much simpler. A great trendy seat can likewise act as a place to unwind in your walk-in shower.
Walk-In Shower Cost?
Depending upon the size and quality a prefabricated walk-in shower will cost between $800 and $2500. As long as you do it right, installing the shower pan and doors yourself can save some money-- however might wind up costing a lot more if done wrong. Having a pro do it will include from $750-$ 2500 depending on what has to be done. Depending upon the last size and the products selected, a professionally installed custom-made shower can run $6,500 to $15,000 or more. If you wish to get an excellent estimate for your task you can set up an appointment here.